BEN FIESS CERAMICS


Heb je deze mooie keramieken potten voorbij zien komen op Pinterest? Prachtige kleurencombinaties en combinatie van materialen. Ze zijn ontworpen door Ben Fiess: keramist, oprichter van klei-studio Inesse, Amerikaan en fiets/motorliefhebber.

I'm interested in materials, colors, and, in general, objects of visual concern. I work to create copasetic forms in space. Tangible artifacts are of great import to me; I've spent my formal education studying the ceramic medium but also have a broader curiosity of many materials and the perception of them.
During graduate school at Indiana University, my fascination with ceramic chemistry prompted me to develop an online glaze and clay body database. (It is currently being rewritten and improved). Ceramic surfaces are endlessly engaging and I hope to continue my exploration as long as I'm working with clay. Right now I'm also investigating textiles and clothing; I see many analogies to clay with the utility of clothing and the expression of pattern cuts and surface design. (bron: Ben Fiess)


De potten kunnen gebruikt worden voor het bewaren van zout, peper of andere kruiden. Elke pot bestaat uit vier onderdelen: pot, zeef, deksel en dop. Let op: ze zijn aan de prijs: 140 dollar per stuk (zie bijvoorbeeld online store Gretel Home). Op de website van Fiess zijn verschillende verkooppunten te vinden.

These  beautiful jarrs are designed by Ben Fiess: ceramist, founder of clay-studio Inesse, American and bicycle/motor-lover. De jarrs can be used for storing salt, pepper or other herbs. Every jarr consists of four parts: container, strainer, lid and cap. These beauties are 140 dollar each (Gretel Home). See Fiess website for resellers.

Images: Ben Fiess.

Comments

Popular Posts